Sunday, May 17, 2015

Birchbox May 2015

Birchbox is the very first box that I subscribed to. It is the one that got me hooked and the beauty box concept and, sadly, the one that has let me down the most and the one that I like the least.

I originally signed up for their service because I wanted makeup samples. I knew that other beauty products would be included, of course, but I was expecting mainly makeup in the boxes. To date I haven't received more than two makeup samples in any box, and at times just one. The saving grace is that in every box there seems to be one thing that I love (makeup or not) and as such I haven't given up on it yet. Birchbox focuses more on other beauty products, such as hair care, lotions, and perfumes. The subscription is $10 a month and shows up for me around the 7th or 8th of the month.


This month's box is Cupcakes and Cashmere. Included are a CC cream by Juice Beauty, a leave in conditioner by Number 4 Hair Care, a small sample of Harvey Prince's Sincerely perfume, a small sample of Coastal Scents Revealed 3 palette, and an oxygenating cream moisturizer by Naobay.

I am the least excited about the perfume sample. I actually wear a perfume by Harvey Prince daily, but I am not a huge fan of Sincerely. At least it has a pump and will fit easy in a purse if needed. Seriously though, Birchbox, STOP SENDING ME PERFUME!

The leave in conditioner smells really nice, and I also got a leave in conditioner from Ipsy this month, so I'll have to see which one I like better... Either way, I don't regularly need or use a leave in product.

The Oxygenating cream smells like Fruit Loops. Seriously. It is an off yellow color too. I'll try it, but I am hesitant.

I've seen the Revealed Palette online numerous times but haven't ever tried it. I love using a palette though and currently use one from TheBalm cosmetics. I'll give this one a shot.

So I've tried this CC cream before, and I LOVE IT. I used to use one from Clinique that wasn't working for me, and I find this one to be perfect. I can already say that when this sample runs out I'll be buying the full size product.

No comments:

Post a Comment